Applicants must be current UVA Undergraduate students in good academic standing. (Students graduating in Spring 2018 are ineligible.) Students from all fields of study are welcome to apply. Check grant/internship specific eligibility requirements below.
- Grants for Underrepresented Students - Students who identify as African American, Hispanic American, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders, and/or individuals with disabilities.
- Indigenous Arts Grants - Supports students with a specific interest in Indigenous arts who are pursuing unpaid internships with a primary focus on Indigenous art and/or culture.
- Fralin Internships - Students must be from underrepresented backgrounds (listed above) AND/OR interested in studying Indigenous art from the Fralin's collections.
- Kluge-Ruhe - Applicants should have an interest in Australian Aboriginal Art.
The application materials listed here must be submitted online using the link below.
- Complete Student Information Section
- Select Application Track - Indigenous Arts, Underrepresented Student, and/or UVA Museums. Check ALL that apply to you!
- Upload Documents
- Unofficial Transcript
- Statement of Interest (max. 500 words)
- What do you hope to achieve by participating in a museum/archives internship?
- How do you think it will benefit you personally and professionally?
- How does it relate to your career goals?
- (Indigenous Arts ONLY) Please explain you interest in Indigenous Arts.
- Cover Letter (Fralin & Kluge-Ruhe Applicants ONLY) - one page cover letter explaining the following:
- Why are you interested in interning at The Fralin/Kluge-Ruhe?
- Which internship position are you applying for (Collections, Education, General, etc,)?
- Please list any relevant experience, skills, or interests.
- 2 Recommendations - ask your recommenders to use the ONLINE RECOMMENDATION FORM.
ONLINE APPLICATION Use this link to access the application.
DEADLINE Online Application and Recommendations MUST be submitted by Friday, March 2, 2018.
CONTACT If you experience problems with the application, contact Amanda Wagstaff, email@example.com.