The Mellon Indigenous Arts Initiative is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Mellon Indigenous Arts Fellows Program for University of Virginia faculty. This call for applications seeks to appoint up to five Arts Fellows working in areas related to Indigenous Arts to begin Summer 2018.
These fellowships will offer UVA faculty the opportunity to pursue creative and scholarly projects in the arts. Indigenous Arts Fellows will be able to forge new research initiatives with the University museums and their collections, jointly organize workshops, exhibitions and courses on interdisciplinary themes related to Global Indigenous arts, and present their projects at a Spring 2019 symposium at UVA.
The Arts Fellows will be partially released from teaching. Fellows will be expected to develop a course based on the research they conduct during their fellowship. In addition to one course release, each Fellow will receive research funds in the amount of $10,000 ($6,500 to support their individual research and creative work and $3,500 for course development).
Applications should include:
- A two-page statement on the research or creative work to be undertaken during the fellowship
- A page-long plan for curriculum development
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names of two referees
- Approval from the chair of relevant department or program
Fellowship applications would be selected on the basis of the:
- Quality of the proposal for research or creative work
- Track record of the applicant relative to opportunity
- Potential for curriculum innovation
The application deadline is February 5, 2018. Please submit proposals to Amanda Wagstaff at firstname.lastname@example.org.