Beginning in 2017, the Mellon Indigenous Arts Initiative will appoint up to five Mellon Arts Fellows per year working in areas related to the Indigenous arts. Calls for proposals will be announce in the Fall of 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Applications should include:
- A two-page statement on the research or creative work to be undertaken during the fellowship
- A page-long plan for curriculum development
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names of two referees
- Approval from the chair of relevant department or program
Fellowship applications would be selected on the basis of the:
- Quality of the proposal for research or creative work
- Track record of the applicant relative to opportunity
- Potential for curriculum innovation
The application deadline for 2018-19 will be announced in the Fall. Please direct inquiries to Amanda Wagstaff email@example.com.